Saturday, June 13, 2009

Calling out the Marlboro Man

A pack of Marlboro lights just ain't what they used to be, say...two weeks ago. Aw yes, those were the good ol' days. When your cigarette stayed lit no matter how long you took between drags. And there was this strange but satisfying taste you got when the roof of your mouth started tingling...where did that go? But the most egregious of all, they don't satisfy the craving any longer. It's like an alcoholic trying to ease the pain with near-beer. All these changes accrued just within the last couple of weeks. What gives, Marlboro Man?

Not that I'm complaining, I've been trying to quit for awhile now and needed all the help I could get. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was down to a pack a week, now, thanks to said changes to their product, I'm down to 1 or 2 a day. And even then, I put it out (if it hadn't gone out already on its own) halfway through wondering why I even lit it in the first place. It does absolutely nothing for me anymore. But that is a good thing.

Still, a little part of me can't help but wonder if all the changes to my brand of smokes was just a preemptive move on Marlboro's part. Maybe a little birdie told them that some pay back was pouring like an avalanche. Coming down the mountain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker