Sunday, February 10, 2008

Why am I voting for Hillary?























Because I have a daughter. It's not quit as simple as that, but that's what it comes down to, I have a daughter. I've balanced all the issues. And I have weighed the candidates strengths and weaknesses. I've come to peace with how each would do in office, Obama and Clinton, and got no where close to making a solid decision. In the end, I chose Clinton because my daughter deserves a legitimate role model to look up to after I teach her she can do anything she wants in life. In America, the Presidency is at the top of that hill.

Lets face it, When it comes to the issues, there isn't enough air between Obama and Clinton to keep a nat alive for thirty seconds. Clinton's health care policy looks better on paper, but Obama's has a, albeit slightly, better chance of passing through congress. Obama likes to brag about how he was against the Iraq war resolution when Clinton voted for it, but when he got to the Senate he voted to fund the war right along with Clinton. And I believe them both when they say they are sincere about ending the war as fast as possible when in office. And the economy? Please, just give me a Democrat and fast! So that just leaves who is tougher in the trenches.

It's conventional wisdom that Clinton is tougher, but I believe Obama can hold his own once challenged. Sure, Clinton is tried, true, and tested. She has survived all the conservatives had to throw at her, while Obama has yet to fight a major battle against them. But I have no reason to believe he couldn't hold his own once they do start attacking him, and they will. So there, that was the pickle I was in. I was discussing this with my friends over at Faith of the Abomination, when Han asked me,"Well, you do have a daughter, don't you?" And that's when it hit me.

When I see the crop of role models out there for young girls today, I cringe. Britney Spears? Paris Hilton? Hanna fucking Montana...are you kidding me!?! It is important that this generation of young girls understand that their brains are more important than their bodies. Women still get paid less to do the same jobs as males. America is 64th in the WORLD in the amount of women leaders we produce. And so on, and so on.

Call me selfish but I think my daughter deserves better. Obama and Clinton may be a lot alike, but she is the only one who can change the injustices waiting on our young women. So I am voting for Hillary...because I have a daughter.

10 Comments:

Blogger Snag said...

Good points, but the injustices waiting for my black nephew? Or my son of normal intellectual and moral intelligence, who has never known a president besides W?

Sun Feb 10, 11:04:00 PM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

I see your point, I want Obama for VP. I think with 8 yrs under Clinton he could become our best president ever.

Mon Feb 11, 08:17:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good points, I am still undecided.
She looks just like her mommy

Mon Feb 11, 08:54:00 AM CST  
Blogger Blue Girl, Red State said...

Our son employed the same litmus test. He came down for Hillary because he has a niece, my only grandchild. That was what tipped the scales.

Mon Feb 11, 12:23:00 PM CST  
Blogger Blue Girl, Red State said...

I just cruised by my State Senators blog and saw this. I immediately knew I had to bring you this link.

Tue Feb 12, 04:29:00 AM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

Thanks BG, lets hope there are a lot more of us out there who see the light...

Tue Feb 12, 09:09:00 PM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

hans...last time I checked, you had two daughters...

Wed Feb 13, 12:53:00 AM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

Oh, and hans, you smart ass you...she's got my feet!

Wed Feb 13, 12:54:00 AM CST  
Blogger Faded said...

Damn breaking out the daughters angle...

I got two daughters, and no black kids. So I guess I am now swayed to the Hillary side of the see-saw...

Damn you Democratic Candidate seesaw!

Fri Feb 15, 03:58:00 PM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

I know what you mean, and March 4th is still 19 days away!

Fri Feb 15, 04:50:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker