Wednesday, January 30, 2008

SAVE!























You better save your money, people. The shit is about to hit the fan, and you don't have much time. Don't be the fool who listens to the wingnuts when they try to blame your not spending for the Recession. That's just them trying to get their hands on your money to help themselves get through the Recession with as little pain as possible. They will leave your dumb ass alone and broke. Save your money, people.

Oh, if you must spend, hit the garage sales early or you'll miss out on all the really good shit...

5 Comments:

Blogger BadTux said...

Problem is, they're printing dollar bills like monopoly money, so your dollars ain't gonna be worth shit shortly. So if you save, save in Euros. And if you spend, may I suggest that canned foods, fishing tackle, and ammo for your hunting weapons may be more appropriate than garage sale crap?

Yeah, I think we're rolling up for another Great Depression myself... except deflation ain't gonna be the way they do it this time.

Thu Jan 31, 12:16:00 PM CST  
Blogger Faded said...

So are you saying I shouldn't spend my tax refund money on paying down my credit debt?

Dammit!

Thu Jan 31, 01:30:00 PM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

Yes, very good advice badtux on stocking up on the essentials. But you'll need your dollars for shelter and such, so lay off the extras, starting now.

The garage thing was a joke...

Thu Jan 31, 02:09:00 PM CST  
Blogger BadTux said...

Your landlord will probably trade rent for beans if things get bad enough. During the Great Depression, often teachers got paid in eggs and milk and such and allowed to live in the schoolhouse because there was no money. My grandmother survived the Great Depression, I spent a lot of time talking with her before she died. They survived by going to a barter economy. If the dollar becomes just a piece of green-colored toilet paper, nobody will accept it as currency anyhow, so ... (shrug). I place my faith in beans, personally.

- Badtux the Depressed Penguin

Thu Jan 31, 02:24:00 PM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

I've got a good nest egg riding the euro rally, I just hope I don't have to tap into it...

Thu Jan 31, 04:04:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker