Sunday, March 18, 2007

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death

(A Poem for the American Fascists Posing as Patriots, By Elmo)



















I will not give you my freedom because
you are scared...
You cannot use my name to wage
wars undeclared.
You cannot take my values to claim
as your own...
And then run to evil like a dog
to a bone.

I will not give you solace for the
pity you seek...
For unlike me you are very,
very weak.
You will not see the day where your
side has won...
For you must be many, while I am
just one.

You can spread propaganda, get the
masses to agree...
But try as you might, you will
never own me.
For I am the echo of freedom's
call...
Neither silenced by agenda, nor the
rule of law.

You can never defeat me, let me
tell you why...
For I am the land, the sea, and
the sky.
I am the mountain's high and the
valley's low...
I am that which is freedom's
soul.

I am the one who lifts the
vial...
To reveal your lies and damn them
to hell.
I am the answer to why you
are scared...
I am the essence of your worst
nightmare.

For I am freedom...

I am America.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

I'm a poet and didn't know it.

Sun Mar 18, 09:49:00 PM CDT  
Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Git 'em!

Mon Mar 19, 10:31:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Smartypants said...

I likey.

= )

Tue Mar 20, 04:21:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker