Friday, October 27, 2006

Fantasy Congress!!!







Oh, Hell Yes!!! Fantasy Congress!!! I'm all over this. You can sign up **here** and join my league, **The Nuclear Option** which will go live Nov 8th.

The Members of Congress (MCs) on your team are your players: they will be responsible for scoring the points. How? By moving bills through their chamber of Congress, the opposite chamber of Congress, and onto the President's desk for his signature.

The progress of each bill in the game is not anything simulated or imaginary; every bill in the database is an actual piece of legislation moving through Congress this very minute. Our database is updated daily, so your progress in the game reflects the progress of real legislators moving passing real legislation.

The seven basic stages through which your MCs must push legislation - and by which earn their points - are as follows:

Introduction in their Chamber (House or Senate)
Approval by Committee
Vote on the Floor of their Chamber
Introduction in the opposite Chamber
Approval by Committee in opposite Chamber
Vote on the Floor of opposite Chamber
President's Signature

4 Comments:

Blogger Nölff said...

I'll sign up this weekend.

Fri Oct 27, 03:15:00 PM CDT  
Blogger John Good said...

I'm in. Now. . .if I can just remember that. . .

Fri Oct 27, 09:42:00 PM CDT  
Blogger The Taker of Gist said...

Why should I play a pretend Congress, when I can simply buy me a senator? They're getting dirt cheap now, thanks to inflation. Why, just the other day I found Joe Lieberman rummaging through my garage. I was all, "get out of here, you snake-oil salesman!" He was hurt, but I got my point across.

Fri Oct 27, 10:55:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Elmo said...

Cool, Timmy's in...but where is Nölff?

Tue Oct 31, 08:26:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker