Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Last Rose



We have three rose bushes in front of our doorway. They started off small but have thrived in the years. In the spring, just coming in eyesight of our porch brings a soothing aroma that pacifies the hardest of hearts. The pleasant smell fades as winter comes, it's been two weeks since they've blessed me with a smile on the way to my doorway. March is around the corner though.

This is the last of this years blooms. It will be 30 degrees tonight in Austin. The sun will be out tomorrow to fulfill the final bloom, but Wednesday brings colder temperatures and freezing rain...she shall be the last.

5 Comments:

Blogger Smartypants said...

You know...

Every rose has its thorn
Just like every night has its dawn
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song
Every rose has its thorn

Yeah it does.

Tue Dec 06, 05:20:00 PM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

Make me cry C.C.

One of the first songs I learned to play on Guitar. I've seen Poison twice in concert...I was young.

Tue Dec 06, 08:51:00 PM CST  
Blogger phinky said...

I kill plants. I have been reported to the Society for the Ethical Protection of Plants (SEPOP).
;)

Wed Dec 07, 06:56:00 AM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

SEPOP, LOL!

Wed Dec 07, 10:59:00 AM CST  
Blogger phinky said...

Yes, be nice to your plants or else SEPOP will get you.

Wed Dec 07, 07:41:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker