Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Voting Frenzy in Texas

I've been voting for 5 years in the same precinct and never...never have I had to wait so long to vote! For an hour and a half I stood in line and the line did nothing but grow behind me. I saved myself at least 30 minutes getting to my polling station at 5:55pm as apposed to 6:00pm. In contrast, last year's presidential election took 10 minutes at the same precinct. Why?

PROP 2, constitutional amendment that would define marriage in Texas as solely the union between one man and one woman.

I voted NO. I hate bigots of all sorts. Besides, Texas already has a law against gay marriage; but you already knew that.

The radio reported very high turnout on my way home with long lines remaining throughout Travis county. Texas may rank #1 in the number of bigots per capita; however, Travis county is 60% against the bigot amendment. I fear the rest of the state is passing it overwhelmingly.

Goodnight, from a little blue dot in a big red state.

7 Comments:

Blogger Smartypants said...

Dude, don't even get me started on this. It looks like it's going to pass. = (

The price you pay for living in Texas is crap like this. It's embarrassing.

::grrrrrrrr::

Tue Nov 08, 09:16:00 PM CST  
Blogger phinky said...

I have great news, the Dover County School Board was purged of Intelligent Design Advocates.
What, you thought I saved a bunch of money on car insurance?

Wed Nov 09, 06:27:00 AM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

LOL

Wed Nov 09, 08:33:00 AM CST  
Blogger phrank of dixieland said...

you did all you could by voting. i see banning gay marriage as a form of segregation in the 21st century. but i thought we ended that in the 1960s? i guess us white people will do whatever it takes to put down SOME sort of minority group. next up: assault on the mentally retarded!

Wed Nov 09, 09:52:00 AM CST  
Blogger fatrobot said...

shows you how important people like you are to a state like this
there is no place you are needed more to balance out the insanity
keep voting!

Wed Nov 09, 10:12:00 AM CST  
Blogger teh l4m3 said...

And Res Republic (my blogroll for link) is totally right, as you know: The Republican shitstains of Texas offered that one primarily to get the goobers' attention off of the fact that you guys are pretty much hitting 3rd-world country standards of living...

Wed Nov 09, 05:48:00 PM CST  
Blogger Elmo said...

Yes teh, the middle class will vanish here first...nevertheless, I'm going to stay here and fight.

Wed Nov 09, 09:37:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker